When I use Javascript with PHP i run into one problem. When I get the data i
need from the database it often has a lot of <br> and \n (new lines) in it.
The <br> are no problem when converting a string to a Javascript string, but
the \n are. The string has to be all in one line.

example:
<? $temp = "here
am"; ?>

<script>var temp = <? echo $temp?> </script>

This is not working!! But this would :

<? $temp = "here I am"; ?>

<script>var temp = '<? echo $temp?>'; </script>

Can you help me please?

thanks Jens