This is the code in the first page that I visit.

<? session_start();
$check0 = session_is_registered("fb");
$check1 = session_register("fa");
$check2 = session_is_registered("fa");
$check3 = isset($HTTP_SESSION_VARS["fa"]);
$HTTP_SESSION_VARS["fa"] = "avalue";
$check4 = isset($HTTP_SESSION_VARS["fa"]);

echo
ck4=$check4";
?>

This is the output i get.

check0=
check1=1
check2=1
check3=
check4=1

apparently, session_is_registered and isset return null if they evaluate to
false.  I was expecting boolean true and false return values, but no matter
i can work with it this way, just wondering if this is by design.?

regards,
Johnny Nguyen