1)  strftime("%T on the %D", strtotime($yourdate));

Should produce:  00:12:45 on the 08-22-2001

You can check the manual page for strftime() to see different ways to
format the time to your liking:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.strftime.php

2)  The way you're trying to do that sounds a bit unnecessary, but take
a look at eval()
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.eval.php

-----Original Message-----
From: Georgie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 7:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] 2 NEWBIE QUESTIONS

1) Is there any PHP command that'll convert a MySQL database timestamp
into a format that humans can read?!! For example, I want to change
"20010822001245" into "00:12.45 on the 22-08-2001"?

2) This is the hard question. I have a script that gets values from a
database and then includes a php page which contains "echo $variable"
code to get the values from the database onto the page.

What I want to do is have the PHP page code in the main script instead
of being included externally. So i tried putting the code into a
variable and then including, but it didnt work. Then I tried echoing the
variable but the PHP code isnt executed.

If you dont fully understand my question, mail me. I'm really stuck and
NEEDD HELP!!!

TIA