> I'm having an odd problem on a WinNT system.

That's what NT is all about. ;)

> When I try to do my upload, I test the file to see the type of it:
> $image_info = GetImageSize($the_image);

Out of curiousity, who don't you try using:

if(is_file($the_image)) {
        do something...
} else {
        kick out no file warning...
}

Docs:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.is-file.php

> However, that line gives me:
> Warning: getimagesize: Unable to open
> '/Joe1/Desktop%20Folder/device_eval.gif' for reading. in
> D:\public\HJ\www.h-jenterprises.com\test\admin\item_functions.php on
> line 22

Have you specifically sent the uploaded file there? If not, it's more than
likely in whatever temporary upload folder you have defined in your php.ini
file.

> At first I had thought this would be a permissions issue, but the file
> it can't open is the one being uploaded. If I echo the file being
> uploaded, i get:
> Image Name: /Joe1/Desktop%20Folder/device_eval.gif

Oh! OK, I get it...you're tossing it up onto your desktop. So that path
isn't correct. It should be:

C:\WINNT\Profiles\Joe1\Desktop\device_eval.gif

In general, you're better off placing that file someplace other than the
desktop. Make a folder somewhere nice and generic, like D:\Uploads\Images\ .
That'll make your life a whole lot easier.

Hope this helps, drop me a line if it doesn't...
- Erik