Hello,

Egan wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Aug 2001 16:30:04 -0300, Manuel Lemos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> >Can small business live from e-commerce today?
>
> What is the relevance of your question?  Do businesses "live" from
> their telephone?  Whether they do or not, they need it in either case.

AFAIK, it costs a lot more money to have any start and operate a
e-commerce business than a telephone. What is the motivation to spend
that much money? Internet hype?

> >Do you really believe that? As far as I can recall, this recession
> >started when a "mean judge" convicted Microsoft for anti-trust
> >practices. That caused NASDAQ crash that scared people away from
> >investing in tech company stocks.
>
> One "mean judge" all by himself, caused the NASDAQ crash, eh?
>
> I am surely astounded to learn that!  Good day and goodbye!

Maybe that is because I am not a native English speaker. Maybe if I
change the word "caused" by the word "triggered" in my sentence it will
be more accurate.

Anyway, other than that, I read the messages ahead and it sounds that
most people really forget the series of events that started NASDAQ
crash. Maybe these links will remind you what happen after April 3,
2000:

Bad news started here:
http://cnnfn.cnn.com/2000/04/03/technology/microsoft/

The day after:
http://cnnfn.cnn.com/2000/04/04/technology/special_techstocks/

If you were on vacation then and did not notice how did that happen,
there's one more reason to blame Microsoft! :-)

Regards,
Manuel Lemos