That file doesn't exist. Put it there again so I can take a look at it. And
pls notify me when it's there. :)

Niklas

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Quinn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 27. elokuuta 2001 11:41
To: Php-General
Cc: Niklas Lampén; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] Web fetching script

G'day David, Niklas

As usual i'm in way over my head so i'm going to be a real pain and ask for
more help

Niklas, unfortunately the start and stop points change constantly, i'm
hoping to get around this by using the substr() function - luckily the
format (in tables) stays the same

My main objective is for the file to be read once only, by the time i'm
finished i'll probably be grabbing 20-30 different areas of text/numbers
from a file, and i'm paying for anything over 1gig downloaded from my
account each month, so it could end up quite expensive.  This is an example
of the file i'm grabbing from

http://www.arl.noaa.gov/data/ready/usr/897_profile.txt

David, i couldn't get what you said to work - any chance of a quick example?
:-)