I have a MySQL table which stores information like this:

| Type | Place Name | Place Abbrv |

and lets say I have data in the table like:

Example #1:
| Office | Bill's Office | bo |
| Store | Millcreek Supply | mcs |
| Office | Harry's Office | ho |
| Store | Sam's Discount Taxidermy | sdt |
| Shipping | East Coast Distribution Facility | ecdf |

What I'd like to do is be able to have PHP grab the information out of the
database and sort like this on a webpage:

Type Name #1:
    - Place Name (with hyperlink using the abbrv)
    - Place Name (with hyperlink using the abbrv)

Type Name #2:
    - Place Name (with hyperlink using the abbrv)
    - Place Name (with hyperlink using the abbrv)

For a better illustration, using the information from Example #1:

Example #2:

Office
    - Bill's Office  (link using bo)
    - Harry's Office (link using ho)

Store
    - Millcreek Supply (link using mcs)
    - Sam's Discount Taxidermy (link using sdt)

Shipping
    - East Coast Distribution Facility (link using ecdf)

So basically it has to group the common "Type" fields together and list them
together and make a hyperlink.

What is the best way to do this?  I've tried arrays, different MySQL calls,
voodoo, ouija boards and drinking, but nothing has gotten me what I need.

btw, the information in "Type" is not a set number.  There could be 2 or 200
different "Type". (Otherwise this would be much easier and I might not have
a hangover from aforementioned drinking ;p )

- k