RE: [PHP] PHP_SELF or REQUEST_URI within Function ?Ok Men !!!..... Now I see ....
thanks alot for the inputs ! :o))

Arcad

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Boget, Chris
  To: 'Alexander Skwar'
  Cc: Arcadius A. ; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Friday, August 31, 2001 8:22 AM
  Subject: RE: [PHP] PHP_SELF or REQUEST_URI within Function ?

  > > Or, so you don't have to specify all the variables you are using
  > > as globals (especially if you are using *alot* of them), you can
  > > use:
  > > $GLOBALS[SCRIPT_FILENAME];
  > What's the gain?  'global ' has 7 characters, whereas '$GLOBALS[]' has
  > 10 characters.  So, you don't type less.  And with using global(), the
  > code is more orderly, and thus easier to read.

  True.  But take the following function:

  function processLotsOfFormVars() {
    global $fieldOne, $fieldTwo, $fieldThree, $fieldFour;
    global $fieldFive, $fieldSix, $fieldSeven;
    global $PHP_SELF, $REQUEST_URI;
    global $HTTP_REFERER;

    echo "Field One is: $fieldOne<br>\n";
    echo "Field Two is: $fieldTwo<br>\n";
  // etc
  }

  OR you can do it this way:

  function processLotsOfFormVars() {
    echo "Field One is: $GLOBALS[fieldOne]<br>\n";
    echo "Field Two is: $GLOBALS[fieldTwo]<br>\n";
  // etc
  }

  I've done it both ways.  I'm not advocating using
  "$GLOBALS[var_name];" over "global $var_name",
  just that it is an alternative if you are using alot of global
  variables in a function.  Plus, if the function gets large,
  it's easier to see where the value is coming from by using
  the $GLOBALS variable.
  That's all I was saying.

  Chris