Hi,

Can anyone tell me why header() cannot been used after any network
operation?

In my script, there are following steps:

1).a socket is opened for smtp;
2).send email;
3).closed the socket;
4).use header() to redirect to another page.

If no 1), 2) and 3), 4) can be processed without any problem. But if
socket steps added, system will send warning message: Cannot add
header information - headers already sent by ( output started at.....)

So, it seems like fsockopen will cause a header to be sent and other
header cannot been sent after that within same scritp even though
the socket is closed. Now my question is how can the second header
been sent?

Alex