Jeremy,

I don't think it's possible to do what you want, and I have tried finding
a way.

With your "header " you are requestion an http authentication which means
the browser has to store the username and password and send them with EVERY page.
Those are the rules.

The only way to tell the browser to lose the username/password that I've found is to
tell
it that they're incorrect, (even though they are correct).  But if you do
that it will go and ask the user to type them in again another three times
before it gives up and drops them.

You'll find that most of your users will probably keep the username/password
even after closing the browser and switching their computer off, which I guess
is even worse as far as you're concerned.

I hope I'm wrong but if you really must get them to enter username/password
every time, I think you'll have to create your own login box and forget
about http authentication.

It might be worth posting your question to an apache newsgroup as well.  Even
if you're not using Apache, you should find those guys know just about everything
there is to know about http authentication.

Good Luck and I hope I'm wrong!

George