There isn't any difference, if your php.ini settings allow it
(short_tags, I believe), you can use <? instead of <?php

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2001 2:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] difference between <?php and <?

Hi,

I am a newbie at this PHP thing and I have been working from information
on the web and from books.

I noticed that some start the PHP script with <? and some start with
<?php.  Actually I have noticed that one of the first PHP script in my
book uses both methods interchangeably.

Is there a real difference between the two?

Or maybe I just haven't noticed something.

Peter