I'm doing the following:

---- test.php -----
<?php
require("functions.php");
require("....");  // several other requires here

setNoCacheHeaders();   // this is line 16

// other stuff here
?>

------ functions.php -----
<?php

if (!define("__FUNCTIONS__") )
{
define( "__FUNCTIONS__", 1, 1 );

// a bunch of other defines here
echo "here 1<br>";
function setNoCacheHeaders( ) {
    static $headersNotSet = TRUE;

    if ( $headersNotSet ) {
        header("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");    // Date in the
past
        header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT"); //
always modified
        header("Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate");  // HTTP/1.1
        header("Pragma: no-cache");                          // HTTP/1.0
        $headersNotSet = FALSE;
echo "here 2<br>";

// a few more functions here

}

--------------------------------

My output is
here 1
here 2

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: setnocacheheaders() in
$DOCUMENT_ROOT/test.php on line 16

Can someone explain?  I found something similar in the archives but no
answer was given.  This exact code worked under php3.  The only changes in
the files were files ending in php3 were changed to end php.  I also had 2
classes that I was using that had initializers in the variable declaration.
I moved the initialization to constructors.

Note that on some clients the request goes through w/o errors.  This is
intermittent but consistent on a per client basis.

- doug