On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:04, Peter Houchin Sun Rentals STR Manager wrote:
> hiya
>
> I have several scripts that send mail from web pages made in php.. now
> these pages all work fine.
>
> now all of a sudden php has stopped sending mail and I don't know why
>
> System info
>
> Unix box running Solaris 2.6
> apache 1.3.12
> php 4.0.4pl1
> using sendmail for the emails
>
> php.ini mail related line:
> sendmail_path   =       sendmail -t -i          ;for unix only, may
> supply arguments as well (default is 'sendmail -t -i')
>
> now when I test to see the scripts php reports everything is ok and
> sends back a possitive result. and that the mail has been sent. when it
> hasn't

I think that the positive result means that php has successfully handed
the message off to sendmail or whatever; whether sendmail then succeeds
is another story :-)

> now I can go to the commandline and send emails no problem but from the
> web pages I can't .. any suggestions would be apreciated.

My first thought would be to check the relevant log for sendmail
activity, which might give a clue?

--
David Robley      Techno-JoaT, Web Maintainer, Mail List Admin, etc
CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES      Flinders University, SOUTH AUSTRALIA

   Catholic (n.) A cat with a drinking problem.