On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:37, Coenraad Steenkamp wrote:
> I need to compare a csv file to a table in the database but only one
> field in the database with
> one field in the CSV file! Comparing only one field will make it much
> easier! When there is any change in the Database compared to the CSV
> file , the database must then be updated or if there are no such a
> field it must be added to the table!
>
> I am new in php Please help!

That seems an awful lot of work, if you know that the csv is at least as
up to date, if not more so, than the actual table. You might as well just
drop the table and import the contents of the csv.

Unless there's a good reason not to that you haven't mentioned?

--
David Robley      Techno-JoaT, Web Maintainer, Mail List Admin, etc
CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES      Flinders University, SOUTH AUSTRALIA

   Birds are trapped by their feet, people by their tongues.