My answer may be not well thought but ... from my knowledge,
problems with php-gtk you can't assign references to global vars
because this particaular declared global variable is a local
reference to the global var.

- Markus

On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 03:38:54PM +0200, Wolfram Kriesing wrote :
> i am using a global variable (curClass),
> which is a reference to some class,
> inside another class i want to change
> the value of this global variable, to
> "point" or refer to another class.
> but that doesnt work.
> am i doing something wrong???
>
> here my code
>
> ------------------
> class temp
> {
>   function temp()
>   {
>     global $curClass;
>     $curClass = &${$classNameY};
>   }
> }
> -------------
>
> $curClass = &${classNameX};
> $tempi = new temp();
> # at this point $curClass still points
> # to the class with the name "classNameX"
> # not to "classNameY" as i would suppose
> # if i used: $curClass = $classNameY;
> # inside the class temp
> # $curClass would have the expected value
> # but with the "&${}" around it doenst work
>
> thanks 4 your help
>
> Wolfram Kriesing

Markus Fischer,  http://guru.josefine.at/~mfischer/
EMail:         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Public  Key: http://guru.josefine.at/~mfischer/C2272BD0.asc
PGP Fingerprint: D3B0 DD4F E12B F911 3CE1  C2B5 D674 B445 C227 2BD0
              -All your scripts are belong to Zend-