On Sat, 15 Sep 2001 13:02, Terry Reynolds wrote:
> Hi
> has anyone in the PHP world ever managed to run mysqlimport via exec?
>
> I have written a one line script
>
> mysqlimport -u user -ppassword table file.txt
>
> & chmodded it (+ x), which works from the command line every time.
> I've tried exec(), system() etc within PHP but with no luck.
> I have my own Linux/Apache/Slackware box at an IP and I have tried all
> relevant files & directories (including mysqlimport command) as
> root.root and nobody.nobody. Any ideas would be appreciated.
> TIA
> Terry

Check that it is actually executable by the user that your webserver runs
as.

Checking the output of exec might give some insight.

--
David Robley      Techno-JoaT, Web Maintainer, Mail List Admin, etc
CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES      Flinders University, SOUTH AUSTRALIA

   Useless Invention: Training wheels for timid sports car drivers.