You can use NFS shares, but I've read that it is too slow for most
situations.  My suggestion would be to use a database and use a custom PHP
session handler.  A really good tutorial (including working code) on how to
write custom PHP session handlers utilizing a database can be found at the
following URL:

http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/ying20000602.php3

I've tested this code and it worked fine utilzing MySQL.  You can apply the
same concepts to just about any datasource you want.

Josh Hoover
KnowledgeStorm, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Searching for a new IT solution for your company? Need to improve your
product marketing?
Visit KnowledgeStorm at www.knowledgestorm.com to learn how we can simplify
the process for you.
KnowledgeStorm - Your IT Search Starts Here