If you need the data to be secure, you could probably just encrypt it with
mcrypt, if you want to make sure it wasn't forged, you want to have A sign
the data, then have B check it. If I were you, I would look at GNU Privacy
Guard. You can just use some backticks and you're set. If you have any
questions e-mail me... this sounds interesting.