Hi;

I have a question regarding includes and writing
library modules in PHP.

In one of the replies to my previous e-mail,I was told
that PHP parses/compiles pages everytime a new request
comes in. So, does this mean we have to minimize the
amount of code per page (which also means to minimize
number of includes) to improve response time? I mean,
usually in many programming languages, it is a common
practice to gather shared functions in a library and
include/import them from individual scripts. But, in
case of PHP, given that this library will also be
parsed/compiled per every request, is this a bad
practice? What is the alternative to this? Replicate
functions that are used in scripts in every page?

Thanks,
Baho