But if the file has an extension that you have told Apache to associate with
PHP, it gets sent to the parser before Apache checks to see if it exists.
The paresr then sends back an html page with the error on, so Apache thinks
it has found the page. At least that's what happens on our server. Am I
missing something in Apache that will tell the server to check a file exits
before it sends the request to the server?

        Tim Ward
        Senior Systems Engineer

Please refer to the following disclaimer in respect of this message:
http://www.stivesdirect.com/e-mail-disclaimer.html