That directory is VERY close to root.  Is that what you intended?

"J. Anderson Scarbrough" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 24/09/2001 15:59:04

To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:
Subject:  [PHP] PHP and GD

I am trying to create PNG images on the fly
using the following code.

if(file_exists($key)) {
$diff =  time() - filemtime($key);
if($diff >= 600) {
     unlink($key);
$im = ImageCreateFromPNG($value);
$isCreated = imagePNG($im, $key, '80'); //error occurs here

I recieve the following error on the line indicated above.

imagepng: unable to open '/images/image1.png' for writing

When I run phpinfo it shows PHP as begin copiled with GD support with PNG
enable on GD (see below)

GD Support enabled
GD Version 1.6.2 or higher
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled

The only other issue i could think of was permissions, but i have changed
permissions to "rwx" all the way across for the directory and all files
inside the directory.

Any one have any ideas???

Thanks.