I just tried this here below. Before trying this I changed any called to
$PHPSESSID to session_id().

I turned off cookies
Loaded the page... Created session id and file:
sess_44074d3a54862b480c3407c9eb373f77
Contents: var1|s:8:"My var 1";var2|s:8:"My var 2";

I submitted the form:
PHPsessionid shows up as: 2f633e17c6752342d0c1e7e6191b4112
New file with same name contents: var3|s:8:"My Var 3";

I removed index2.php and went back to the first file.
PHP SessID shows up as 68b482365d9086068edfa3e35d8dd41d
Corresponding file with contents: var1|s:8:"My var 1";var2|s:8:"My var 2";

This is different then what I previously said.

But it's clear to me that each time session_start() is called, it doesn't
open the existing session rather it creates a new one.

When I click the 'try this link' instead when starting over. It still
creates a new session ID on the server.

On 9/24/2001 1:31 PM this was written:

--

Thomas Deliduka