I had a look at the DATE_FORMAT info on the mysql doc page and its a bit
easier to understand than the CONCATS.

Would I want to use the CURTIME() function since I would want to select
sessions based on the hour? How would I go about combining CURTIME with the
rest of my query?

Theoretically, here is what I understand, please let me know whether or not
I am correct:

select * from sessions where (CURTIME() - EXTRACT(MINUTE FROM $timein) >=
60);
//where 60 is the lifespan of the session

Thanks for your suggestions and time!

Jason Dulberg
Extreme MTB
http://extreme.nas.net