When I run the code below it writes the image to the <webroot>/images
directory on a Solaris machine running iPlanet and php4.04pl1.  When I run
the exactly same code on a Solaris machine running iPlanet and php4.08 it
tries to write the file to "<root>/images/image1.png".  Why would one write
to the webroot and one write to the file system root?  Is there
configuration directive I can put in the php.ini to resolve?  What am I
missing here?

Thanks!

<?php
$key = "/images/image1.png";