Hi,

I wrote a program where the session gets created, but on subsequent page the session
does not work or i could not retrieve the value kindly help me, I have put the coding
below

The operating system I use is Win98 and Personal Web Server, PHP version used is 4.0.6

File 1 : where the session is registered or created

<?session_start();?>
<HTML>
<?php

session_register("uname");
session_register("pwd");
print "Username var is - ". $username."<br>";
print "Password var is - ". $password."<br>";
$uname=$username;
$pwd=$password;
print "Uname var is - ". $uname."<br>";
print "Pwd var is - ". $pwd."<br>";

echo session_is_registered("uname");
echo session_name("uname");
 ?>
</HTML>

File 2 : Next page, the file where i check for the session variable's value

<?session_start();
print "uname is - ".$uname."<br>";
echo "Session is - ".session_is_registered("uname")."<br>";
echo "session name is - ". session_name("uname")."<br>";
echo "the session is $uname"."<br>";
?>

Those are the coding i had used on the files i was trying to execute

Regards
Krushna Kumar