Hi,

Exactly what does the unread_bytes parameter of the return of
socket_get_status() mean? I thought it would be the amount of data waiting
to be gotten via fgets() or fread(), but not according to my lil' test
(interactive mode):

<?php
$fp = fsockopen('10.1.1.2', 25);
var_dump(socket_get_status($fp));
array(4) {
  ["timed_out"]=>
  bool(false)
  ["blocked"]=>
  bool(true)
  ["eof"]=>
  bool(false)
  ["unread_bytes"]=>
  int(0)
}
echo fgets($fp, 512);
220 heyes-computing.net Ready for action (Mailtraq 1.1.5.1167/SMTP)

--
Richard Heyes
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV