Basilix.
I'm using it right now- configured to use Apple's imap server (iTools)

Anyway, Basilix is incredibly good, allows for https if user wishes, easy to configure.

Requires imap functionallity in your php, and only works with imap servers.

The imap server it connects to need not be on the web machine, nor does the sendmail
server.
It does use MySQL, but he's working on a Postgresql option too. (MySQL server need not
be on your machine- but it does need to be one you can creat a database and grant
access privs on ;)

http://www.basilix.org