I've seen this done before on servers, but I'm not sure how to do it.

Is there a way to restrict PHP to certain directories, so that it can
only be used by files within those directories?

For example: I'm starting a web page hosting service, and I'd like to
make it so that most users can't use PHP. They'll have to pay a (very
small) monthly fee to have access to it. This is partly as a very loose
security measure, so that not everyone has access to PHP.

--
Matthew Walker
Ecommerce Project Manager

---