In PHP4, unset($myarray['3']['someindex'}) removes this element (inside a class
function passed $myarray).  I need to do the same for PHP3 - what is the simplest way
to accomplish this?

  I guess I'm looking for a function that supports PHP3 or PHP4, say:

function unset_arr ($array) {
  if (phpversion() < 4)
    // get rid of the array element here...
  else
    unset ($array);
  }

  I'm assuming that I will have to do some shuffling of the array, and possibly return
a new array with that element missing?

Thanks for any help on this,
  John
--
/* SteeleSoft Consulting  John Steele - Systems Analyst/Programmer
 *  We also walk dogs...  PHP/MySQL/Linux/Hosting - [EMAIL PROTECTED]