They've been mentioned on the list before, but I had a great experience with
Cedant.com.  Apache, PHP4, MySQL, and shell access via SSH (and the ability
to compile your own software in a /home/youraccount/bin directory).

I hosted a site with them for a few months earlier this year before taking
the plunge and hosting on a dedicated Linux box at home, and found their
support staff to be knowledgeable and responsive.  Their basic account is
$12.95/month for up to a gig of traffic, and they have an extensive web
control panel.

-Andy

P.S. I don't work for Cedant or know anyone who works there, etc., etc.,..
I'm just a happy customer :)