I wrote a php pipe that allows people to play Zork from their browser
http://phpzork.com

Zork is a 20 years old command based adventure games. One of the first and
most popular. It's source code was released. Many of us here should remember
it.

For those who don't know how to play, just type your commands such as "open
mailbox", "go east".

I compiled Zork on my Linux box and used php to send commands and gather the
output for the games with the system() call.
It supports all the features of the original games plus some more, like
multiple saves and high scores of all players.
The interface is also modernized.

I didn't have to modify the C code in anyway, it is just a pipe with some
processing and database interaction.
PHP talks to a MySQL database to store the member informatin (highs score,
saves, log) so you cannot play without joining (it's free).

http://phpzork.com

Welcome to Dungeon. This version created 11-MAR-91.
You are in an open field west of a big white house with a boarded
front door.
There is a small mailbox here.
<<