Hello Andy,

Its just a way of passing along variable information as you would do
with a form except you attach the variable/args directly to the URL.

For example if you have a script that list all records in a database,
you may have a link for deleting records that would be attached to
each record with identifying information.  The link may look something
like http://somedomain.com/processRecord.php?action=delete&recID=24

So when you click this link for the processRecord.php script you pass
in the action=delete and recID=24 as variable information.

So in your processRecords.php script you may have something like:

<?
if($action == 'delete'){
   make a database query and delete record 24 ($recID) form table
}
else if(could have other actions){

}
?>