On Mon, 29 Oct 2001 13:59, Dave Létourneau wrote:
> I only fopen my file once...
>
> My program checks if there is a specific session cookie.  If not (it's
> a new user that browse the site) I set a cookie and try to store the
> unique ID of this user (other cookie) in a file with a timestamp to
> track which user came and when (+ nb of times...).  That's where I use
> my fopen() then I fclose the file.  The fopen("...", "a") creates the
> file if it's not already there but once it's created, it cannot append
> a new line (User;timestamp) to this file : "Error : File exists".
>
> :((
>
> "Kurt Lieber" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit dans le message news:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> > On Sunday 28 October 2001 06:41 pm, you wrote:
> > > Is it possible to solve this problem or it's a feature in PHP?
> >
> > If I understand your problem, you are trying to open the same file
> > twice. I'm not sure why you would want to do that, but assuming you
> > have a good reason, you need to make sure you fclose($filename)
> > before you try to fopen($filename) again.  Otherwise, PHP maintains
> > the file open for
>
> reading
>
> > (and writing, if that's how you opened it.)
> >
> > hth
> >
> > --kurt

This may be a 'feature' of your ftp target. There may be limitations on
what you can do via ftp including overwrite existing files. If you have
control of the box, or admin access, check /etc/ftpaccess if it is a *nix
OS. About BillOS, I have no idea.

--
David Robley      Techno-JoaT, Web Maintainer, Mail List Admin, etc
CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES      Flinders University, SOUTH AUSTRALIA

   Life is Roff when yer Stewpid