I've written several functions with optional "string" parameters.
They work fine. But I've never written one that accepts an optional
"bool" parameter and I'm now confused.

I would like to have this:
    somefunction("hello");
    somefunction("hello",false);
    somefunction("hello",true);

function somefunction($text,$xxx="")
{
    if($xxx){
        $xxx parameter was passed as true or false
    }else{
        $xxx parameter was not passed

Which is correct for the default initialization of $xxx:
    $xxx=false;
    $xxx=null;
    $xxx="";

How do I distinguish between false and "$xxx parameter not
passed"? Do I use isset()? Do I use ===?

Thanks.

--
John A. Grant  * I speak only for myself *  (remove 'z' to reply)
Radiation Geophysics, Geological Survey of Canada, Ottawa