Sorry if this a little of topic but this sort of reminds me what happend to
me on Monday:

I arrived at work in a really good mood (for a Monday) to find everyone
screaming at each other, then at me :) what was being said is that the new
webserver I have been configuring with the latest versions of Apache, mySQL
and PHP had been serverley hacked and it was all my fault (as usual), I
thought this was rather strange as there really arn't any holes that would
allow a root exploit (as far as I know) in the software which I had
installed. After further investigation it seems that our IT manager who did
the Linux install had not latched down the FTP tight enough and some guy
from France (Yes we are on to you :)) got in and started to extract all his
little hacking toys, one of which was a network sniffer which revealed all
of my passwords as I continued to configure the server. After much pain
stakingly changing all of our passwords everything seems to be ok now.

Just thought it was kind of funny that they blammed the web developer first
as I am the one who uses all the weird arsed software :)

Regards,

Joseph