.
No reading that section of the manual did me no good.  I do not understand
other than I cannot store the results as a variable.

Is there any of what I have done that is usable?

A recommendation for a book that covers this would be helpful...  the manual
on this area is way to abbreviated for someone who has only used PHP for 2
weeks.

Mike

E15ydj6-0003KZ-00@z8">news:E15ydj6-0003KZ-00@z8...