Hi fitiux

I'm sure the list will correct me if I'm wrong, but what you're talking about
isnt possible, at least not in this way.

This isn't a limitation of PHP - its a limitation of the HTML form element
that handles the uploads.

You could consider a client-side applet to achieve the result another way.  A
Java applet would do the job - although you will need to sign it and users
will need to grant it permission to read their hard drives (I think this is
how it works, it's been a while...)

Good luck

Shane

--