I'm trying to get mcrypt to work with php, but haven't been able to
reconfigure php to work with it.  I'm using the version of php that came with
Mandrake 8.0 and I have downloaded and installed the  2.5.7-1 mdk rpm of
mcrypt.

So now I should cd into my php directory and reconfigure php to work with
mcrypt like this:
./ configure --with-mcrypt
make
make install

Right?  But this isn't working and I think the problem may be something as
dumb as that I don't have the right directory.  All I get is a message that
there is no such directory when I run the command.

As far as I can tell php is installed in /usr/bin and that is the directory I
tried.  There is not a php directory there though, but a php executable file.
How do I find the right directory?   Anything else I have to do to get this
working?

Thanks
SW