On Sat,  3 Nov 2001 00:53, Paul Mullett wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could be a simple problem, using PHP4 on a Linux/Unix Cobalt RaQ4
> server.  I have been using it fine, but the mail() function wont send
> mail, even with the most basic content and lack of headers.
>
> Can anyone offer any advise on what could be the problem, or any
> scripts I can use to test the mail() function that will return nice
> errors to let me know what's going wrong?
>
> I have tried searching for help, but I have found nothing specific.
>
> Aplogies for such a simple question(?) but I just cant get it to send
> mail!
>
> Thanks.

I assume you aren't getting a message like 'mail is not implemented in
this build"?

If not, the first place to check would be php.ini, to ensure that it is
pointing at whatever you are using for mail.

--
David Robley      Techno-JoaT, Web Maintainer, Mail List Admin, etc
CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES      Flinders University, SOUTH AUSTRALIA

   "It's become much bigger," said Tom with a groan.