[EMAIL PROTECTED] (_lallous) wrote:

 > Hello,
>
 > Is is advisable that I mail lots of users from a database via one call to
 > mail() ?

why not make a loop and send to one email at a time. if you have over
1000 I would use something else than mail(), ex direct to smtp with sockets.

 > Is there is a way to tell if the mail was returned because the email address
 > was invalid?

you can do a syntax check on the email before sending, but AFAIK you
cant check if the email address exists on the domain you are sending
to (bacause not all mailsevers give that info / not all sysadmins want
to give that info).

--
Henrik Hansen