On Thu, 15 Nov 2001 05:29, Bill Brennick wrote:
> Hi all...   Having an issue with PHP recognizing the libgd and libjpeg
> libraries... I specifically downloaded the newest version(s) of those,
> and compiled the PHP 4.0.6 with:
>
> ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
> --with-apache=../apache_1.3.22 --with-xml --with-zlib
> --with-gd=/usr/lib --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib --with-png-dir=/usr/lib
>

> However,  I still keep getting the following message everytime I use
> an app that uses GD (For example, jpgraph)
>
> "Your PHP (and GD-lib) installation does not appear to support any
> known graphic formats.You need to first make sure GD is compiled as a
> module to PHP. If you also want to use JPEG images you must get the
> JPEG library. Please see the PHP docs for details."
>
> Have looked into everything:   php.ini's, apache config's, etc...
>
> At a loss...
>
> Thanks...
> - Bill

Rasmus posted this suggesation a while back - it worked for me.

> Has anyone got PHP successfully compiled and using GD 2.0.1?
>
> If so what was your configure line please and any other changes you had
> make in order to get PHP to compile. Thanks.

Build gd-2.0.1 with these two lines in your GD2 Makefile:

CFLAGS=-g -DHAVE_LIBPNG -DHAVE_LIBJPEG -DHAVE_LIBFREETYPE
LIBS=libgd.a -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lfreetype -lm

Don't install the lib anywhere, just leave them in the gd-2.0.1 directory.

Then build PHP using:

--with-gd=/home/<your_dir>/gd-2.0.1
--with-freetype-dir=/usr
--enable-gd-native-ttf   (note there was a typo in 4.0.6 on this one)
                          use: --enable-gd-native-tt  if you are using
4.0.6
--enable-gd-imgstrttf
--with-jpeg-dir=/usr
--with-png-dir=/usr
--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6

This assumes that you have freetype2 installed along with the libjpeg and
libpng libs under /usr

-Rasmus

Keep an eye on the output of configure as sometimes you'll see messages
in there about the image libs - but the absence of same even if specified
doesn't seem to crash the compilation.

--
David Robley      Techno-JoaT, Web Maintainer, Mail List Admin, etc
CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES      Flinders University, SOUTH AUSTRALIA

   And now for something completely the same...