Hi Mike and Jim,

  From my earlier message [Re: PHP 4.0.6 $PHP_SELF empty?]:

>  No, I updated my php.ini manually (just to change the zend optimizer and
>add the DBG debugger.  These two lines from php.ini haven't changed for sure:
>
>variables_order = "EGPCS";
>register_globals = On;

>  According to phpinfo, $PHP_SELF is set, but simply empty!

  I'm fully aware of the scope issues, and $GLOBALS[PHP_SELF] returns the same thing
as $PHP_SELF (= ''), and these aren't withing classes, functions or anything like
that.  It's as simple as this not working in somefile.php:

<form action="<?php echo $PHP_SELF ?>" method="POST">
  <input ...>
</form>

  I've looked over every single line in my php.ini, the only thing changed (checked
with diff) is adding the debugger info for DBG.  That doesn't do it either, I replaced
it with my original from PHP4.0.2, no go either.

Help!
  John

--
/* SteeleSoft Consulting     John Steele - Systems Analyst/Programmer
 *  We also walk dogs...  Dynamic Web Design  PHP/MySQL/Linux/Hosting