I'm getting this error with my php installation, I first assumed that it
was because I didn't have GD and friends installed. So I configured and
installed PHP with these options and I'm still getting the same error.

 ./configure --enable-apc --with-mysql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.22
--enable-inline-optimization --with-pspell --with-gd --with-jpeg
--with-jpeg-dir=/usr --with-png --with-png-dir=/usr --with-zlib
--with-zlib-dir=/usr

I know it's probabally overkill but in the configure messages, it says
yes for everything gd, jpeg, png, and zlib.  Any suggestions? If anybody
wants to see the configure messages let me know.

--
Jeff Bearer, RHCE
Webmaster