Jack,

Thanks a lot for you help.
I did actually work out the logistics of the code and
it's doing fine. It's probably a solution to my
problem, there's only a couple of things though :

a) I got about 800 plus records in the table. And
there's a lot of empty or duplicate records in there
which need to be deleted. So if i individually delete
every record then i will have to run the code for each
ID individually. That would be a lot to do. That's why
i was wondering if there's a way, by which after
having deleted those empty/duplicate records, i could
just clear the entire ID field and run a code that
would generate IDs in order again...

b) How can i check when the record is sent to the DB
using PHP3 or mySQL if there's any value in the field
or not? I have put up a JavScript validation to check
for the same in the form, and yet, something's
defeating that and empty records are entering into the
DB. I don't know why really!!

Thanks a bunch!
Cheers & Glory,
Thomas Edison jr.

http://www.mjimm.com/index.php3?page=fanlist_add.php3

> > The display of records is at :
> > http://www.mjimm.com/fanlist_view.php3
> >
> > Now the Display table also Displays the ID of the
> > Record. If i go in my mySQL Admnin, and delete the
> > rows with blank or duplicate records.. the ID also
> > is
> > deleted but then is alway missing from the list.
> > That
> > is, if i delete Row with ID 78, the next record
> > feeded
> > will start from 79 and not 78. So there's gonne be
> > missing ID's from Records. Which i don't want. But
> > which has already happened. How can i correct it??
> > I want to reset the entire IDs to reflect the true
> > Number of records after i delete the Empty/Blank
> > Rows
> > & Duplicate Record Rows!! How can i do that!
> Please
> > help!!!!!
> >
> > Cheers & Glory,
> > Thomas edison jr.
> >

> > =====
> > Rahul S. Johari (Director)
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > To contact the list administrators, e-mail:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >

> > --
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > To contact the list administrators, e-mail:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >

> =====
> Rahul S. Johari (Director)
> Find a job, post your resume.