Hi everyone,

I'm connecting to a SQL SVR 2000 database and get an error that I haven't
been able to resolve.

The following code generates an error Incorrect syntax near 'longer'; SQL
state 3700 in SQLExecDirect

I read some where that it might be due to a reserved word in column names,
but this isn't the case.

Here is the code:

          print("QID: $qID<br>Question to be updated to: $updateQuest");
            $updateQuest = cleanUpText($updateQuest);

            $query = "update tbl_question ";
            $query .= "set question = '$updateQuest' ";
            $query .= "where questID = '$qID';";

            print("Cleaned up: $updateQuest<br>");
            $result = odbc_exec($conn, $updateQuest);
            unset($updateQuest);

I can copy and paste the resultant SQL and execute it fine in the query
analyser.