I have a PHP script that outputs several lines of comma separated values.. I
would like to display this output in Excel without having to write the
output to a file with a .csv extension and redirecting.

I have tried setting the content-type: application/vnd.ms-excel and Excel
isn't happy.. it complains that it can't open the file and on the odd chance
that I do get it working, it doesn't read the file as csv..

anyone know what's going wrong here??

Incidentally, if I do save the info down to a .csv and open it, it works
just fine.. but then I have a temporary file issue :-(

Regards,

Matthew Clark.