>I am talking about the final SMTP host.. it will do a reverse lookup on the
>From: domain and if it dont resolve to the IP of the sending STMP host it
>will reject it.

yes I know. But it the final SMTP tries to resolve the host (localhost)
it will get a response from it self? I haven't tried it, but I think it
would work.

By the way... the most of the SMTP doesn't check at the FROM header, but
from the sender SMTP.
So if you got a nonexisting e-mail it would accept it too, but it the
sender host isn't valid it will reject it.

Regards,

Johan