Hey all. I'm storing some jpeg images in a mysql database using the PEAR
classes. Before inserting the image into the db I call addslashes() on
the data, I was, accordingly, calling stripslashes() on the data after
pulling the image back out of the database, but the image was getting
mangled. I finally realized that the slashes were already stripped from
my query results so stripping them again was removing legitimate slashes.

The question is: why are the slashes already stripped out of the db
results? I call set_magic_quotes_runtime(0) at the beginning of the
scripts to turn off magic quoting. What else would cause this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

-Steve