If you use Dreamweaver under MacOS I suggest to take a look at BBedit from
BareBones (www.versiontracker.com or www.barebones.com).

Under Windows I currently use UltraEdit which fits quite fine but needed a
few changes to the wordlist.txt which is responsible for syntax-highlighting
(if you want that changes just mail me).
Another valuable tool is proton - unfortunately I don't have any links for
those two.

but dreamweaver is IMHO a good chose for itself (using it's built-in
code-editor).

I myself prefer working on BBedit only (without using dreamweaver). At Job I
have to work on a windows machine where I prefere to use UltraEdit.

happy coding
Stefan Rusterholz, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
interaktion gmbh
Stefan Rusterholz