If everyone could gather around for a minute or two.  We are looking at switching from
propriatary JSP/JS/Java based system and going to PHP as our ecommerce system.  We
currently have
Oracle db and hosted on Sun equiptment, which we are in for another 3 years, although
upgrades are
planned.  We hate the current system, it was picked for us in a closed room
environment.  We have
been looking to get off ever since we launched, actually even before we launched.  I
have been
developing in PHP before I got this job and advised against the vendor that we had,
now I want to
develop my own system.  This is the backend systems we have.  One system that I'm not
to sure of
is MQ Series, can PHP tie into that, or would we have to work around that, MQ messages
back and
forth with our legacy system to give a real-time connection to our actual customer and
inventory
and order processing pieces, although some C++ code sits between that and the JS
layer.  Another
concern is how well does Sun and PHP get along, we have these nice boxes that is
actually
handleing the memory hog that we have now, and I know that we couldnt just dump the
servers.
Anyone have an idea on a site that processes between 150-250 orders and averages $65k
a day, if
PHP and MySQL can handle that, or would I have to go to something like MSSQL (I know I
know MS and
PHP .. hahahahahaha).  All and any suggestions are welcome.

dan mccullough
web technology
603.823.5545 x 1119